When did Alan Rickman Die?;Google Doodle Pays Tribute to Late Actor’s Legacy
On the 36th anniversary of his breakthrough performance as the Vicomte de Valmont in a Broadway production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Google has released a new Doodle in Alan Rickman’s honour.
Rickman is shown in the Doodle, which was created by artist Helene Leroux, lifting his eyebrows and surrounded by leaves.
The branches on either side of the image were inspired by notes Rickman had made in his diary. Leroux referred that it as a “privilege to honour” Rickman’s life and work, which included parts in important films like Die Hard, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and the Harry Potter series.
Rickman passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2016 at the age of 69.
The posthumous book Madly, Deeply: The Alan Rickman Diaries, which was published and gave readers a close-up look at his life and work, was this year’s shortlist for an award at The British Book Awards.
The book also explained why Rickman decided to continue playing Snape in the Harry Potter films after initially wishing to leave.
Alan Rickman movies:
- Die Hard (1988)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
- Sense and Sensibility (1995)
- Galaxy Quest (1999)
- Dogma (1999)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001)
- Love Actually (2003)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix (2007)
- Bottle Shock (2008)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)
- Gambit (2012)
- A Little Chaos (2014)
- Eye in the Sky (2015)
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and there may be other movies featuring Alan Rickman that are not included.
When did Alan Rickman Die?: Alan Rickman death
Alan Rickman passed away on January 14, 2016, at the age of 69 after battling pancreatic cancer. His death was a shock to his fans and the entertainment industry, with many people expressing their condolences and paying tribute to his remarkable career as an actor.
Rickman’s death was deeply felt by those who knew him personally and those who admired him from afar. His contributions to film, television, and the stage continue to be celebrated and remembered, making him an enduring presence in the entertainment world.
When did Alan Rickman Die?-Check out the video
Also watch: Transformers Rise of the Beasts Trailer